SATURDAY APRIL 11 - 3PM EST - Quest Cape Celebration and 125M+ in Raffles! BGS, BP, Cannons, Obby Sets, Dragon Sets, Iron Bonds, more!

+8
IzzetSo
Noctivagous
Rawrr xD
The_Gamed
ladybird2
DabbingBrb
Maria Kati
Guitarist141
12 posters

Go down

SATURDAY APRIL 11 - 3PM EST - Quest Cape Celebration and 125M+ in Raffles! BGS, BP, Cannons, Obby Sets, Dragon Sets, Iron Bonds, more! Empty SATURDAY APRIL 11 - 3PM EST - Quest Cape Celebration and 125M+ in Raffles! BGS, BP, Cannons, Obby Sets, Dragon Sets, Iron Bonds, more!

Post by Guitarist141 Sat Apr 04, 2020 9:41 pm

SATURDAY APRIL 11 - 3PM EST - Quest Cape Celebration and 125M+ in Raffles! BGS, BP, Cannons, Obby Sets, Dragon Sets, Iron Bonds, more! Sote10
SATURDAY APRIL 11 - 3PM EST - Quest Cape Celebration and 125M+ in Raffles! BGS, BP, Cannons, Obby Sets, Dragon Sets, Iron Bonds, more! Qp210
SATURDAY APRIL 11 - 3PM EST - Quest Cape Celebration and 125M+ in Raffles! BGS, BP, Cannons, Obby Sets, Dragon Sets, Iron Bonds, more! Raffle19

More items to be purchased!

Date of Event:
Saturday April 11 @ 3PM EASTERN
World 354
-Begin at Wise Old Man in Draynor to get the cape
-Random Raffle to happen in the open space behind Draynor bank from 3:05PM to 3:15PM (I don't want to take up too much time)
-I will square up with winners after the raffle ends. I will keep track of the winners in a spreadsheet. Please be patient with me and orderly. Smile
-Starting at 4:00PM, I will start going over each method as a stream in Discord. Please check the schedule below and check it again later this week.

Event in Details:
After 18 years since Classic, I am completing my goal of getting the quest cape!
I want to hold an event to celebrate not only this, but as a thanks to this CC. I pretty much always played this game alone (or with a friend here or there) but never with a community so supportive and fun like this.

I don't have a massive bank to fund some extravagant drop party...but what I do have is skills and knowledge with common money making methods available to many/all people!

I will be putting together Money Making Packages to give to lucky clan members. These packages will include the supplies and/or gear to perform the task. My intention is for members who lack funds, gear, and/or knowledge to know they, too, can complete some great money making tasks to help themselves achieve their goals!

For the winners of the packages, and to anyone in the CC, I will stream in Discord how you can do these methods yourselves after the event!

Packages to Choose From
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1fYLhF4Ukmqrhx0aAbaYyONdougMdRgkSYdijsxjPvbo/edit?usp=sharing

The lists and number of winners will be expanded during the week thanks to our generous donors listed below! Thanks to you, I can widen the package offerings!
We have everything from smithing cannonballs to birdhouse runs, purchasing battlestaffs, supplies to train to 70 ranged or 55 magic, and even gear and supplies to start doing Barrows (if your combat meets the requirements!) Please check and confirm yourself if you meet the requirements.

How to Win:
I want to avoid any issues with in-game such as PID, RNG, lag, and such. So, I came up with a new system. Stand on a square!
Just south of the Wise Old Man is an open area behind the bank. If you are participating, stand on your own square! Each square gets a number. Pick your favorite! FIRST COME FIRST SERVE! I will use a random number generator to pull numbers. If you win, you get to pick which package you want if you meet the requirements for it! I will continue until all packages are won/chosen.

I will make a list of each winner and what they won. As I am planning this on my own, I will meet up with each one of you after all the winners are chosen unless some kind folks help me coordinate. Smile

Some people asked about donations: Most donations are coming in as cash. I will add your donation to the overall cash pool to expand the number of packages and offerings! Any leftover packages will have their values donated to the CC for a future clan event.

SATURDAY APRIL 11 - 3PM EST - Quest Cape Celebration and 125M+ in Raffles! BGS, BP, Cannons, Obby Sets, Dragon Sets, Iron Bonds, more! Square10

Discord Money Making Walkthroughs
Starting at 4:00PM, I will stream in Discord how to do each of these methods in more detail. Voice chat is not necessary.
If you picked the Barrows package, you must be able to watch and hear my Discord stream so I can walk you through it together.
Anyone is welcome to join the run with me in-game. I will start each one at the time indicated so join in if you want a specific one!
If you missed it or have more questions, ask me anytime!

I might adjust times up until the event so just be aware to check back...

4:00PM - Birdhouse Runs Walkthrough - Start at Varrock East Bank. Includes mushroom teleport set-up!
4:15PM - Blast Furnace Walkthrough - Start at Blast Furnace (use minigame teleport) on dedicated World 355
4:30PM - Managing Miscellania - Come back to World 354 at start at GE to bank up, then use Ring of Wealth teleport to Miscellania
4:40PM - Getting the Rogue Set - 50 THIEVE AND 50 AGIL REQ. Start at Burthorpe (use Games Necklace teleport)
5 min break after a Rogue run
5:00PM - Herb Runs - Meet at Falador East bank to go clear and plant the herb between Fally and Draynor. I'll post a list in Discord with all herb patch locations. Use all the patches you can access!
5:10PM - Training Prayer at a Player-Owned House - Meet at Falador East Bank to prepare. Thanks to TurtleWurtle for letting us use his maxed house!
5:20PM - Crafting gold bracelets and smithing cannonballs - Meet at Edgeville bank! Don't forget your moulds!
5:30PM - Smithing dart tips and Zaff's Staffs - Meet at Varrock West bank.
Short 5 min break after cleaning out Zaff
5:40PM - Going over Barrows Gear - Meet at Varrock West bank. What to bring and how to get there.
6:00PM - Barrows Runs! - We will be using Teleport to House tabs and using TurtleWurdle's house and using his ornate pool to regen and Barrows teleport. After a run, we tab back to Varrock to bank, recover at a POH, and go back in for epic loot! Spades are required. If you cannot find one, go to the Wildy and find some nice people donating theirs.

Requirements for Participants:
You must be on your main! No alts can win. These packages are meant to help out mains.  Cool
Be able to stand on their own square! First come first serve, play nice. Don't move until we are finished. Smile
Any specific package requirements are shown in the spreadsheet.
Any rambunctious nearby mages will be put down with indiscriminate justice.

Amazing Donators:
TurtleWurdle: 5M!
Bear: 10M from the clan fund!
RicRyder: 8M!
Shoxha: 4M!
Immense Dork: 10M, a blowpipe, BGS, and 962 addy ores (converted to 1M)!
Reenie 01: 15x Yew Saplings and 15x Palm Trees (~1.8M) - Good for 3x high-level farm packages!
Kati Ai (Typo/Cherie): 5M!
J ordon: 9M!
Balgus135: A Balgus Slayer Package consisting of cannon set, 5k cballs, 500 sharks, 500 monks, 300 house tabs, 100 prayer pots, 100 super combats, 200 range pots (~5.2M)!
nifte: 15M!
Silentpoet: 5M!
Crumbsnbread: 10,500,002gp!
Woodnote: Guthan's Set added as a package! (~4M)
Noctivagous: 5M!

BARROWS
I just ran five Barrows attempts using the gear you get in the package, just to make sure there are no problems. Even with a negative magic attack, you still land most hits on the Brothers.
And, I had no problems! As you will see, you do not need top-tier gear to run Barrows. In fact, a couple times I killed bosses faster than people in "BIS" gear. Don't let people bring you down. Have fun. Smile

For my five runs:
-I drank 2-3 doses of prayer potion each run. Never drank stamina potions even with 65kg of weight.
-I ate 1±1 shark each run
-Took maybe 5-7 minutes per run
-Received almost 500k in loot (I have Morty Hard Diary for +50% runes in Barrows chests)

Death runes are a common drop in Barrows. So even though Iban blast can be "expensive" to start, your Death rune stockpile should increase as you go.

SATURDAY APRIL 11 - 3PM EST - Quest Cape Celebration and 125M+ in Raffles! BGS, BP, Cannons, Obby Sets, Dragon Sets, Iron Bonds, more! Barrow13SATURDAY APRIL 11 - 3PM EST - Quest Cape Celebration and 125M+ in Raffles! BGS, BP, Cannons, Obby Sets, Dragon Sets, Iron Bonds, more! Barrow12
SATURDAY APRIL 11 - 3PM EST - Quest Cape Celebration and 125M+ in Raffles! BGS, BP, Cannons, Obby Sets, Dragon Sets, Iron Bonds, more! Barrow10
SATURDAY APRIL 11 - 3PM EST - Quest Cape Celebration and 125M+ in Raffles! BGS, BP, Cannons, Obby Sets, Dragon Sets, Iron Bonds, more! Barrow14

Last edited by Guitarist141 on Sat Apr 11, 2020 11:27 am; edited 29 times in total
Guitarist141
Guitarist141

SATURDAY APRIL 11 - 3PM EST - Quest Cape Celebration and 125M+ in Raffles! BGS, BP, Cannons, Obby Sets, Dragon Sets, Iron Bonds, more! YP5zkAJ

Goats

Back to top Go down

SATURDAY APRIL 11 - 3PM EST - Quest Cape Celebration and 125M+ in Raffles! BGS, BP, Cannons, Obby Sets, Dragon Sets, Iron Bonds, more! Empty Re: SATURDAY APRIL 11 - 3PM EST - Quest Cape Celebration and 125M+ in Raffles! BGS, BP, Cannons, Obby Sets, Dragon Sets, Iron Bonds, more!

Post by Maria Kati Mon Apr 06, 2020 12:38 am

Very Happy Yasss another Partyyyy
Maria Kati
Maria Kati

SATURDAY APRIL 11 - 3PM EST - Quest Cape Celebration and 125M+ in Raffles! BGS, BP, Cannons, Obby Sets, Dragon Sets, Iron Bonds, more! YP5zkAJ

Back to top Go down

SATURDAY APRIL 11 - 3PM EST - Quest Cape Celebration and 125M+ in Raffles! BGS, BP, Cannons, Obby Sets, Dragon Sets, Iron Bonds, more! Empty Re: SATURDAY APRIL 11 - 3PM EST - Quest Cape Celebration and 125M+ in Raffles! BGS, BP, Cannons, Obby Sets, Dragon Sets, Iron Bonds, more!

Post by DabbingBrb Mon Apr 06, 2020 2:22 am

Sounds super fun and immensely helpful for people who are eager to learn^ Great job!

SATURDAY APRIL 11 - 3PM EST - Quest Cape Celebration and 125M+ in Raffles! BGS, BP, Cannons, Obby Sets, Dragon Sets, Iron Bonds, more! Dabna10

SATURDAY APRIL 11 - 3PM EST - Quest Cape Celebration and 125M+ in Raffles! BGS, BP, Cannons, Obby Sets, Dragon Sets, Iron Bonds, more! Untitl10
DabbingBrb
DabbingBrb

SATURDAY APRIL 11 - 3PM EST - Quest Cape Celebration and 125M+ in Raffles! BGS, BP, Cannons, Obby Sets, Dragon Sets, Iron Bonds, more! NuD0cpJ

Bloodhound

Back to top Go down

Post by ladybird2 Mon Apr 06, 2020 7:38 am

Wow sounds amazing, and so thoughtful of you......I hope to be there to join you and congratulations.
ladybird2

SATURDAY APRIL 11 - 3PM EST - Quest Cape Celebration and 125M+ in Raffles! BGS, BP, Cannons, Obby Sets, Dragon Sets, Iron Bonds, more! NuD0cpJ

ladybird

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Gamed Mon Apr 06, 2020 4:32 pm

Great job stepping up to the plate Guitar, I hope to be there to lend a hand/participate if I can Smile
The_Gamed
The_Gamed

SATURDAY APRIL 11 - 3PM EST - Quest Cape Celebration and 125M+ in Raffles! BGS, BP, Cannons, Obby Sets, Dragon Sets, Iron Bonds, more! 4068HaS

Back to top Go down

Post by Rawrr xD Wed Apr 08, 2020 9:41 pm

Looks like a fun event, will have to see if I can get myself out of bed at 4:30am for it! Lol
Rawrr xD

Back to top Go down

Post by Noctivagous Fri Apr 10, 2020 6:06 pm

Guirtarist, I just wanted to say that I am so happy for you that you made such an amazing accomplishment. You give me the determination to keep pushing myself so that I too can achieve this astounding milestone of getting the Quest Cape.
I tip my hat too you and I can't wait to see what other achievements you accomplish throughout my time here.
Noctivagous
Noctivagous

SATURDAY APRIL 11 - 3PM EST - Quest Cape Celebration and 125M+ in Raffles! BGS, BP, Cannons, Obby Sets, Dragon Sets, Iron Bonds, more! IIyCd

Back to top Go down

Post by IzzetSo Sat Apr 11, 2020 8:24 am

Big koodoos on completing all the quests! something you wont see from me! so im happy to see someone else get it where I cant (erm.. patience to do so).. so if I can get the happiness of seeing a clannie get one, itll make me excited!
Hoping to see you at the event! not sure if I can make it, so writing this post! Smile

once again, Congratulations! completing all the quests, I guess everything but rc going forward will be easier than what you just accomplished!
IzzetSo
IzzetSo

Back to top Go down

Post by Syllabic Sat Apr 11, 2020 8:36 am

I love this entire idea! Super cool that you've built the whole thing around helping newer players I love you Not often that you see people lining up to give away their GP like they have been, either!

I'll be trying my very best to make it to most/all of the activities today, but I might end up having to leave early. Got some family stuff going on that might get in the way. I hope that doesn't happen though, because this looks like a ton of fun Very Happy

Tutter

Back to top Go down

Post by Bear Sat Apr 11, 2020 1:38 pm

Bumping this up to the top for awareness, 20 minutes to go!

AKA OSRS Advice

AKA Bearadomin

AKA Bearrows

AKA King Bear

Bear
Bear

SATURDAY APRIL 11 - 3PM EST - Quest Cape Celebration and 125M+ in Raffles! BGS, BP, Cannons, Obby Sets, Dragon Sets, Iron Bonds, more! OTXfGgg

Back to top Go down

Post by Allison Sat Apr 11, 2020 2:17 pm

Congrats on the cape! Very Happy
Allison
Allison

SATURDAY APRIL 11 - 3PM EST - Quest Cape Celebration and 125M+ in Raffles! BGS, BP, Cannons, Obby Sets, Dragon Sets, Iron Bonds, more! U7euiv5

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Gamed Sat Apr 11, 2020 3:24 pm

SATURDAY APRIL 11 - 3PM EST - Quest Cape Celebration and 125M+ in Raffles! BGS, BP, Cannons, Obby Sets, Dragon Sets, Iron Bonds, more! 2020-030
SATURDAY APRIL 11 - 3PM EST - Quest Cape Celebration and 125M+ in Raffles! BGS, BP, Cannons, Obby Sets, Dragon Sets, Iron Bonds, more! 2020-029
The_Gamed
The_Gamed

SATURDAY APRIL 11 - 3PM EST - Quest Cape Celebration and 125M+ in Raffles! BGS, BP, Cannons, Obby Sets, Dragon Sets, Iron Bonds, more! 4068HaS

Back to top Go down

Post by Guitarist141 Sat Apr 11, 2020 6:09 pm

SATURDAY APRIL 11 - 3PM EST - Quest Cape Celebration and 125M+ in Raffles! BGS, BP, Cannons, Obby Sets, Dragon Sets, Iron Bonds, more! Cape10
Guitarist141
Guitarist141

Goats

Back to top Go down

Post by 0RC Sun Apr 12, 2020 4:22 am

Thanks for hosting a great event, Guitar! What's next!?

SATURDAY APRIL 11 - 3PM EST - Quest Cape Celebration and 125M+ in Raffles! BGS, BP, Cannons, Obby Sets, Dragon Sets, Iron Bonds, more! Untitl10
0RC
0RC

Back to top Go down

Post by ladybird2 Sun Apr 12, 2020 5:56 am

Great pics, and glad you all had such a good time...another event I need to need to be photoshopped into...or not !! Gratz on your cape Smile)))))))))) and a great event.
ladybird2

ladybird

Back to top Go down

Post by Guitarist141 Sun Apr 12, 2020 12:03 pm

I really appreciate how many people showed up to this. What started as a small 8M gp event to help folks out quickly exploded in just a week to over 100M! It's awesome how many friends I've made here in just a few months.

Maybe more important, I appreciate everyone's patience as the prizes were handed out (thank you Kati and Ele for helping and saving me!!). I still owe Dr Feelz and Grizz their items but we are almost buttoned up.

If you have any questions about these money making methods, let me know! Babe took care of her kingdom, Turtle and Kati learned Blast Furnace, SilentPoet learned how to do birdhouse runs, Grizz and Red Noodles learned how to maximize points in NMZ, and more!

People keep asking me, "What's next?" I think I'm going for achievement diaries and bossing next. Smile
Guitarist141
Guitarist141

Goats

Back to top Go down