MrArsenal
Slucky
Natalia
WeaknSilly
Alexander
iB E A S T
13 posters

Go down

What was your first 99? Empty What was your first 99?

Post by iB E A S T Wed May 24, 2023 10:36 am

There's not too many things comparable to the pure satisfaction you get from reaching 99 in a skill you have worked to the bone to grind out. What was your first ever 99 in Runescape and why? Mine was Fletching! I remember how absolutely thrilled I was to be wearing my first skill cape ever. I loved the fact that I could create something in game, make money and still benefit the community by putting those products into circulation. Even if it's just a MSB Wink Your Turn!
iB E A S T
iB E A S T

Back to top Go down

What was your first 99? Empty Re: What was your first 99?

Post by Alexander Wed May 24, 2023 11:00 am

My first 99 was a very exciting one. It started back in 2010 during the first-ever Double XP Weekend. I remember chopping away at Choking Ivy, which was relatively new back then, and thought I was really pushing hard to get 99 Woodcutting. Let's just say, my young self took over 2 years to obtain 99 Woodcutting and I got it in 2012!

I thoroughly treasured that untrimmed cape, along with my Fighter Torso. I remember wearing my Nezzy helm, fighter torso, dragon platelegs, dragon boots, and abyssal whip, feeling like I could do anything in RuneScape.

In RuneScape 3, I've actually kept a list of my 99's, the date, and the total level I achieved them. Here is that list:

What was your first 99? 99s10
Alexander
Alexander

What was your first 99? YP5zkAJ

Back to top Go down

Post by WeaknSilly Fri May 26, 2023 11:46 pm

Mine was 99 ranged, grinded by butt off at yaks with iron arrows and an msb back in 2007 haha. My acc was a ranged tank so it only made sense to get 99 ranged first. Man I must have used that emote over a thousand times after I unlocked the cape.
WeaknSilly
WeaknSilly

Back to top Go down

What was your first 99? Empty Response to iB E A S T

Post by Natalia Sat May 27, 2023 9:42 am

Hello,

Woodcutting level 99 was the first! Sold all the Willow logs (lol) for 30-45 gp each, ended up re-buying logs at the general store in Lumbridge for Firemaking. Different times back then but I felt like a merching genius.

Respectfully,
NoMoreBeer4U
Natalia
Natalia

Back to top Go down

Post by Slucky Sat May 27, 2023 5:51 pm

Hey !

My first 99 was fletching, it is also still my only 99 Razz I started late 2022, so im glad i figured a way to power through that !

I still prefer my Quest point cape to my fletching cape tbh. But it still hold some sentimental value Razz
Slucky
Slucky

Back to top Go down

Post by iB E A S T Mon May 29, 2023 2:54 am

WeaknSilly wrote:Mine was 99 ranged, grinded by butt off at yaks with iron arrows and an msb back in 2007 haha. My acc was a ranged tank so it only made sense to get 99 ranged first. Man I must have used that emote over a thousand times after I unlocked the cape.

I truly could not imagine grinding out 99 range with IRON ARROWS! You are a different breed of Beast to mentally endure that lol. That's astounding
iB E A S T
iB E A S T

Back to top Go down

Post by iB E A S T Mon May 29, 2023 2:57 am

Slucky wrote:Hey !

My first 99 was fletching, it is also still my only 99 Razz I started late 2022, so im glad i figured a way to power through that !

I still prefer my Quest point cape to my fletching cape tbh. But it still hold some sentimental value Razz

I cannot express the absolute jealousy I have towards your Quest cape lol. I have always struggled trying to motivate myself to quest. Playing on exceptionally laggy sat internet takes the fun away from quest bosses and poses another issue completely. I'm trying my best to knock them out on this account! What 99 do you think you'll focus on next?
iB E A S T
iB E A S T

Back to top Go down

Post by iB E A S T Mon May 29, 2023 2:59 am

NoMoreBeer4U wrote:Hello,

Woodcutting level 99 was the first!  Sold all the Willow logs (lol) for 30-45 gp each, ended up re-buying logs at the general store in Lumbridge for Firemaking.  Different times back then but I felt like a merching genius.

Respectfully,
NoMoreBeer4U

The pure nostalgia you get chopping willows in Draynor always takes me back. And you never forget your first magic tree Wink I remember finally unlocking them and it was SO slow but It didn't phase me. I was finally cutting Magic Trees Very Happy. That was a stroll down memory lane for sure Smile
iB E A S T
iB E A S T

Back to top Go down

Post by MrArsenal Sat Jun 03, 2023 11:35 pm

My first 99 was firemaking back in 2007 and I was so broke back then that I did it completely with willow logs. I must have spent at least 6-8 months burning logs at Falador east bank lol I just thought the cape and the emote was cool. Maybe there was a deep desire to burn everything to the ground...? >_>

My first 99 on OSRS servers was 99 agility, I was grinding that out on Rs3 before EOC ruined everything. I had took that so personally that when OSRS came out it was the only thing I could think about doing hahaha!!
MrArsenal
MrArsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Purple Dude Sun Jun 04, 2023 9:07 am

On the old game my first ever 99 was Cooking, no special reason, and I had that untrim for YEARS, my favourite outfit being: Black dragonhide body and chaps, a glory, a bandos godsword, nothing on head and my untrimmed cooking cape.

That eventually got upgraded with a Quest Cape, which I wore more often.
But from a secret source I still get a bit of secondhand cringe from, I had untrim cook for at least 4 solid years xD bounce

What was your first 99? NuD0cpJ

Back to top Go down

Post by iB E A S T Sun Jun 04, 2023 12:13 pm

[quote="MrArsenal"]My first 99 was firemaking back in 2007 and I was so broke back then that I did it completely with willow logs. I must have spent at least 6-8 months burning logs at Falador east bank lol I just thought the cape and the emote was cool. Maybe there was a deep desire to burn everything to the ground...? >_>

To be fair I LOVE THE FIRE MAKING CAPE. Its unlike any other. I really wish we utilized fire making on a wider scale and had more content pertaining to it. BUT ON WILLOWS???? Hats off to you lol
iB E A S T
iB E A S T

Back to top Go down

Post by iB E A S T Sun Jun 04, 2023 12:17 pm

Purple Dude wrote:On the old game my first ever 99 was Cooking, no special reason, and I had that untrim for YEARS, my favourite outfit being: Black dragonhide body and chaps, a glory, a bandos godsword, nothing on head and my untrimmed cooking cape.

That eventually got upgraded with a Quest Cape, which I wore more often.
But from a secret source I still get a bit of secondhand cringe from, I had untrim cook for at least 4 solid years xD bounce

I felt the same with my fletching cape. That and my yin yang ammy and I thought I was the bees knees'. I wouldn't trade those memories in for anything Smile although we all eventually trade in the wardrobe Smile That is quite the jump from untrimmed skillcape to qp cape!!! My word Smile))) thank you all for sharing these with me !
iB E A S T
iB E A S T

Back to top Go down

Post by MrArsenal Sun Jun 04, 2023 8:12 pm

iB E A S T wrote: I felt the same with my fletching cape. That and my yin yang ammy and I thought I was the bees knees'. I wouldn't trade those memories in for anything Smile although we all eventually trade in the wardrobe Smile That is quite the jump from untrimmed skillcape to qp cape!!! My word Smile))) thank you all for sharing these with me !

To be fair untrimmed fletching cape is such a ncie color you can't go wrong with it being your first! The gold trim make it look elegant as well. Fletching is underrated but I never got 99 myself :p
MrArsenal
MrArsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Get a job Fri Jun 09, 2023 8:47 pm

Mine was woodcutting, probably around 2005 or so, hard to remember exactly. I would chop yews and sell to a friend. When I finally got membership I would move to magic trees and sell in camelot bank. I was usually f2p though aha.
Get a job
Get a job

Back to top Go down

Post by maramare Sat Jul 01, 2023 7:01 pm

In old rs my first 99 was theiving! I just loved that cape, I remember spending a time trying to get the... Highway robber's mask? To wear with it. I've just returned to osrs and I think I'll do the same again, lol.
maramare
maramare

Back to top Go down

Post by Vigilantly Mon Jul 03, 2023 9:34 pm

The first one I ever wanted was Woodcutting, but the first one I ever got was Farming. Still no Woodcutting 99...
Vigilantly
Vigilantly

Back to top Go down

Post by RedIrishTank Tue Jul 04, 2023 6:32 pm

I believe back in the day it was 99 attack, This account was 99 cook.
RedIrishTank
RedIrishTank

Back to top Go down

Post by OSRS Skull Tue Jul 18, 2023 4:13 pm

When osrs mobile came out. I had one goal. Get a 99 that I never did in 07scape. Google easy 99s and off I went to wintertodt. Lvl 3 combat with 99 fm, goal achieved.
OSRS Skull
OSRS Skull

Back to top Go down

Post by Musicked Wed Jul 19, 2023 9:11 am

99 Firemaking was my first, and I make it a point to achieve it first on every suitable new account I make! Back in the day I just loved the skillcape and the overall idea of the skill — I felt like a real survivalist back then. Right now it’s just one of the fastest and most satisfying 99s to get, especially because it can be done so early in the game for pretty nice rewards!
Musicked
Musicked

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum