Help me!!

5 posters

Go down

Help me!! Empty Help me!!

Post by RJLF17 Tue May 26, 2020 3:42 am

Hi everyone! I’m in a debate with myself! I need advice on what to create! HCIM OR UIM! Please! Advice and comments needed! Thank you!!
RJLF17
RJLF17

Back to top Go down

Help me!! Empty Re: Help me!!

Post by This Land Tue May 26, 2020 4:19 am

Haha I always love this debate.

For me personally I'd go HCIM and then be happy to continue if I died as a regular IM.

UIM is a totally different experience to both IM and HCIM and I'd definitely do a lot more research about how you need to play the game as a UIM before taking the plunge!

Appreciate I might not've helped much but if I were looking at making an Iron account I'd probably go for HCIM over UIM Smile Good luck in your decision!
This Land
This Land

Help me!! YP5zkAJ

Back to top Go down

Post by RJLF17 Tue May 26, 2020 4:43 am

Yeah this is the thing ha! I like UIM the face it’s more survival and challenging..where as HCIM gives that impression “are you good enough to not die” sort of thing but if the internet drops or whatever that’s it....you know? Hmmm! It is tough!
RJLF17
RJLF17

Back to top Go down

Post by Matt Ross Tue May 26, 2020 1:13 pm

Tough decision, maybe compare the endgame/late game of both account options and see which one you'd feel more motivated to push for
Matt Ross
Matt Ross

Help me!! 4068HaS

Back to top Go down

Post by Tinnitus Wed May 27, 2020 4:14 pm

I'm not sure if you've seen some series on Youtube, but I highly recommend watching MudKip's UIM series to see if you would be interested. The game-mode is certainly more tedious, but it does force you to be creative. I have a mid level UIM that I don't play much. I had a lot of fun playing in the early game. Definitely don't keep knock UIM off the table.

Edit: RJ, are you the UIM in game "UIMDADDY"? If so, I guess you did end up making an UIM Razz
Tinnitus
Tinnitus

Help me!! 4068HaS

Hellpuppy

Back to top Go down

Post by RJLF17 Thu May 28, 2020 12:05 am

It sure is me tin!!it is proving to be challenging/fun at the same time! It’s good as it act as a survival mode as such!
RJLF17
RJLF17

Back to top Go down

Post by Tinnitus Thu May 28, 2020 2:40 am

Awesome man. I'm glad you are enjoying it! You should consider making a thread under the "Goals and Achievements" section of the forums to showcase your achievements on the UIM!
Tinnitus
Tinnitus

Help me!! 4068HaS

Hellpuppy

Back to top Go down

Post by RJLF17 Thu May 28, 2020 3:07 am

Hey! That’s a good idea! I didn’t think of that, I’ll have a browse later! I’ll post accomplishments that perhaps are worth seeing (such as small milestones) etc! It’s going to be fun! With a lot of support within the clan it’s good to give me a push and enthusiasm!
RJLF17
RJLF17

Back to top Go down

Post by Purple Dude Thu May 28, 2020 8:35 am

Both got pros and cons

Hardcores will say that Ultimate is the hardest
and
Ultimates will say Hardcore is the hardest

Pros for Ultimate:
- Ideal account for those that love a challenge, you have to actually plan for the future, each inventory space is precious, you can't just keep random junk, you even sometimes have to alch Barrows armour because in your current state it could be useless
- Lots of guides and motivations from influential people, examples are Swampletics 2 accounts, one normal UIM and one region locked UIM
- You can die and use special places as a sorta bank, but once you do that, you can't die again, but it can allow you to have a free inv space

Negatives of Ultimate
- You don't have a bank, technically you can have 3x Inventories, if you choose the methods avaiable, but it is still a small amount compared to a bank
- All skilling takes way longer than normal ironmen
- Being a master of flicking is almost a requirement since you have limited space

Pros of Hardcore
- It is almost the same as Normal Ironman, you have a bank, you can use the Kingdom of Misc.
- You get more respect than Normal Ironmen, solely due to the fact you haven't died yet

Negatives of Hardcore
- You can't die, so you have to put thought into your actions
- If you die, there is a high chance of being mocked for it and teased about it, even after you make a new Hardcore
- If you die on a Hardcore twice, expect twice the teasing *Looks at Reality*
- AFKing in combat? Impossible
- AFKing in Wintertodt? Impossible
- You are at the mercy of Jagex Servers, if you fight Skotizo and DC, you are most likely a goner

I can see you chose UIM, but felt like posting anyways, and I agree with the above, make a thread for your goals and adventures, alot of people enjoy reading such things and it can be a motivator for you too! Very Happy bounce bounce

Help me!! NuD0cpJ

Back to top Go down

Post by RJLF17 Thu May 28, 2020 9:22 am

Ahhh I love everyone post! I have made a UIM I also enjoy it! I did put a bond towards it too! However a part of me inside miss the fact that when I receive a drop within my normal account it’s still satisfying...i think I’m torn between what to do as I have x2 accounts to choose between! I think I’m gonna have a longer think and see what I really want to focus on. I also miss just having the freedom and being able to buy whatever I nee etc! I really don’t know ha!
RJLF17
RJLF17

Back to top Go down

Post by RJLF17 Thu May 28, 2020 9:28 am

Also I have put a lot of time into my main also! It’s not the greatest account but I enjoy it! I think I like the social side where I can just train high and play with others in the GWD dungeons etc you know?
RJLF17
RJLF17

Back to top Go down

Post by Tinnitus Thu May 28, 2020 2:45 pm

Hey RJ, not many people try out UIM - so props to you! It's definitely a touch decision on how to spend your time... I still log on my UIM every now and again. But, like you said, there is a downside to the ironman mode... most of the ironman in this cc are fairly social, and I'm sure we all sometimes regret not doing a trio GWD with our mates... but still, I wouldn't trade it for anything!
Tinnitus
Tinnitus

Help me!! 4068HaS

Hellpuppy

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum