Hi. Noob here.

2 posters

Go down

Hi. Noob here. Empty Hi. Noob here.

Post by EliSuss Sun Apr 19, 2020 12:19 am

Hey, I'm Eli (EliSuss ign). Like many people, I used to play as a young child (I'm a 20 year old male) and with mobile I decided to try it out again. For all intents and purposes I am a noob. I have played a good handful of other MMOs (mobile and PC), but other than some basics and basic concepts, I am "new" to Runescape. I only have vague memories from back in the day and never did bosses and end game content. I just started back up 4 days ago and am trying to play almost exclusively on mobile despite having a decent gaming PC. I'm very casual, but looking for a good core group of people to help me out with learning the game and who I can eventually help out and give back to as well. I want to experience all the content at some point, but play pretty casually (few hours per day). A nice group of people to socialize with also sounds pretty appealing. I have an open schedule and can make any timed things if I know in advance and I will give my all for any clan I'm in. I joined the discord server and the best way to reach me is discord PM. I have OSRS membership and plan to renew for the foreseeable future.
Basically, I'm a real noob so please bear with me and be patient. I enjoy the game so far, but am lost in a bunch of ways. Everything is so intimidating. So much content and info to learn...I figured joining a clan can help me learn from a large group of experienced players. If I do something wrong or stupid, please just let me know. I have no intention of breaking any rules, but this is all pretty overwhelming.

(Sorry for the essay. I'm not good with being brief and concise Lol)
EliSuss
EliSuss

Back to top Go down

Hi. Noob here. Empty Re: Hi. Noob here.

Post by This Land Sun Apr 19, 2020 4:01 am

EliSuss wrote:Hey, I'm Eli (EliSuss ign). Like many people, I used to play as a young child (I'm a 20 year old male) and with mobile I decided to try it out again. For all intents and purposes I am a noob. I have played a good handful of other MMOs (mobile and PC), but other than some basics and basic concepts, I am "new" to Runescape. I only have vague memories from back in the day and never did bosses and end game content. I just started back up 4 days ago and am trying to play almost exclusively on mobile despite having a decent gaming PC. I'm very casual, but looking for a good core group of people to help me out with learning the game and who I can eventually help out and give back to as well. I want to experience all the content at some point, but play pretty casually (few hours per day). A nice group of people to socialize with also sounds pretty appealing. I have an open schedule and can make any timed things if I know in advance and I will give my all for any clan I'm in. I joined the discord server and the best way to reach me is discord PM. I have OSRS membership and plan to renew for the foreseeable future.
Basically, I'm a real noob so please bear with me and be patient. I enjoy the game so far, but am lost in a bunch of ways. Everything is so intimidating. So much content and info to learn...I figured joining a clan can help me learn from a large group of experienced players. If I do something wrong or stupid, please just let me know. I have no intention of breaking any rules, but this is all pretty overwhelming.

Hey Eli and welcome officially to the cc!

I must say it was awesome reading your intro post and I don't think you needed to apologize at all, the more information the better and nicer it is to read and write a reply in my opinion Smile

Welcome 'back', per say, to RS/OSRS! Whilst you might consider yourself a noob I guarantee you that at a higher level than you myself I also consider myself a noob haha, and you really have come to the right place in terms of hanging out with a group of very friendly but extremely knowledgeable players Very Happy There's someone in the cc that I would describe an 'expert' at everything, whether it's a particular skill, boss, how to start raiding, learning fire/inferno cape etc... Knowledge base is endless and it's a beautiful resource I hope you'll enjoy to use during your adventures whilst being in the cc!

The game is definitely overwhelming and also fairly intimidating to an extent at the start because there is SO much to be getting on with. What I did and would suggest doing too is making small and reasonable goals for yourself and before you know it all of those small goals / achievements will have added up and you'll be closer to achieving a slightly bigger goal! I found questing an awesome way to get into the game properly because as you progress the harder quests have bigger level requirements and then you'll find that there are 2/3 steps you've gotta get through before you reach an appropriate position to tackle 'x' quest - like making money, doing a mini game etc...

My PM is always on in-game if you need anything so don't hesitate to pop me a message anytime with a question or a hey Very Happy Until then, take care, stay safe and hopefully speak to you more when we're both online in the cc Smile

Best,
Mitch
This Land
This Land

Hi. Noob here. YP5zkAJ

Back to top Go down

Hi. Noob here. Empty Re: Hi. Noob here.

Post by This Land Sun Apr 19, 2020 4:01 am

EliSuss wrote:Hey, I'm Eli (EliSuss ign). Like many people, I used to play as a young child (I'm a 20 year old male) and with mobile I decided to try it out again. For all intents and purposes I am a noob. I have played a good handful of other MMOs (mobile and PC), but other than some basics and basic concepts, I am "new" to Runescape. I only have vague memories from back in the day and never did bosses and end game content. I just started back up 4 days ago and am trying to play almost exclusively on mobile despite having a decent gaming PC. I'm very casual, but looking for a good core group of people to help me out with learning the game and who I can eventually help out and give back to as well. I want to experience all the content at some point, but play pretty casually (few hours per day). A nice group of people to socialize with also sounds pretty appealing. I have an open schedule and can make any timed things if I know in advance and I will give my all for any clan I'm in. I joined the discord server and the best way to reach me is discord PM. I have OSRS membership and plan to renew for the foreseeable future.

Hey Eli and welcome officially to the cc!

I must say it was awesome reading your intro post and I don't think you needed to apologize at all, the more information the better and nicer it is to read and write a reply in my opinion Smile

Welcome 'back', per say, to RS/OSRS! Whilst you might consider yourself a noob I guarantee you that at a higher level than you myself I also consider myself a noob haha, and you really have come to the right place in terms of hanging out with a group of very friendly but extremely knowledgeable players Very Happy There's someone in the cc that I would describe an 'expert' at everything, whether it's a particular skill, boss, how to start raiding, learning fire/inferno cape etc... Knowledge base is endless and it's a beautiful resource I hope you'll enjoy to use during your adventures whilst being in the cc!

The game is definitely overwhelming and also fairly intimidating to an extent at the start because there is SO much to be getting on with. What I did and would suggest doing too is making small and reasonable goals for yourself and before you know it all of those small goals / achievements will have added up and you'll be closer to achieving a slightly bigger goal! I found questing an awesome way to get into the game properly because as you progress the harder quests have bigger level requirements and then you'll find that there are 2/3 steps you've gotta get through before you reach an appropriate position to tackle 'x' quest - like making money, doing a mini game etc...

My PM is always on in-game if you need anything so don't hesitate to pop me a message anytime with a question or a hey Very Happy Until then, take care, stay safe and hopefully speak to you more when we're both online in the cc Smile

Best,
Mitch
This Land
This Land

Hi. Noob here. YP5zkAJ

Back to top Go down