Mrs Midnight
Advice Bot
6 posters

Go down

How to Best Get Promoted:  Empty How to Best Get Promoted:

Post by Advice Bot Wed Jul 22, 2015 5:01 pm

How to Best Get Promoted:  Earnin10

Hello Everyone,

Many of you newcomers have asked me for ways to get promoted, so I have decided to compile a list. Please do remember we have over 400 members, all vying for promotions, so you will not earn a general rank overnight. In this clan, ranks are earned based on effort, dedication, and devotion to the clan. Below are a few pointers to remember, followed by direct ways to increase your chances of earning a rank.

• I do not solely issue promotions. Administrators of the clan chat have equal say when it comes to ranks. The RSNs of potential candidates are discussed in game and on our 'Ranks-Only' section of the forums. When it is time for promotions, only a select few will be promoted, based on whether they have a majority of administrators backing them up. 

• There is a system to our promotions. When members beg for promotions it appears they are only here for power. Remember, promotions are earned, not given, and we want only those truly here to grow the clan to be promoted. 

• Since we have a 'Ranks-Only' section of the forum, we hold forum-members in higher regards when deciding on who to promote. So if you're reading this, you're doing something right!

How to potentially earn promotions: 

• One way to show you are here to help grow the clan is by bumping our OSRS forum thread. You can find it on one of the first few pages of the 'Old School Clans' forum or by clicking on the header above. Signing into Runescape and commenting 'Bump' (or anything else) on our thread will 'Bring Up My[Our] Post' to the first page. That helps newcomers looking for clans see our thread more easily. 

• A second way to help grow the clan and show you are active is through direct invitation of newcomers. If you are slaying, barrowing, skilling, or bankstanding, feel free to invite the people around you to the clan. Although I won't know who invited everyone, when I survey random newcomers about how they found us, chances are, if you are truly recruiting, your name will be mentioned. 

• Another way to show you are active is by attending our clan events. Although you may not be directly promoted by doing so, you essentially are branding your RSN to myself, ranks, and the clan. We will see you are active, which shows there is some level of care for the clan, so over time, your name will become more familiar. This may spark talks about your name when we discuss promotions. 

• Helping out in the clan can additionally demonstrate your willingness to grow and benefit the clan. By assisting other members with advice, encouraging others to recruit or bump the thread, and helping promote clan events, you set yourself apart from the rest of the clan. Members who go above and beyond what the majority of others do are definitely appearing on our radar.

• Being active on the forums are another way to show you are interested. Not only does it benefit yourself for promotions, there are many of amazing members on here, and the forums act as a great way to meet some of the other clannies!

Remember, ranks are earned, not given, and only the most active, mature, and hardest-working will achieve the highest ranks. You should not feel discouraged, but instead proud of yourself when you do achieve a promotion. If you follow the pointers above, as well as the clan chat rules, promotions will definitely come! Remember, earning promotions are not for everyone! If you'd rather play the game to enjoy it and never worry about promoting the clan, that is totally fine as well, as the clan politics are not for everyone! 

On behalf of the Admins, I would like to thank you for your presence in the clan and appreciate your willingness to help us grow and thrive, helping us to rapidly become a prominent clan in OSRS.

-H

Last edited by OSRS Advice on Thu Aug 18, 2016 4:55 pm; edited 4 times in total
Advice Bot

How to Best Get Promoted:  EXUiqne

Bot

Back to top Go down

How to Best Get Promoted:  Empty Re: How to Best Get Promoted:

Post by Mrs Midnight Fri Jul 24, 2015 12:58 am

Hey,

I've linked to this thread from the FAQ.

-Kate
Mrs Midnight
Mrs Midnight

How to Best Get Promoted:  YP5zkAJ

mole

Back to top Go down

Post by runtellthat4 Tue Aug 04, 2015 6:20 am

As Advice mentioned there are so many factors that go into deciding to give ranks,during these summer months it is especially hard for it is difficult to see who is truly active.I actively ask all ranks to watch for those that do that little extra and make recommendations to Advice or myself.
Come September I would expect we have another sign in thread so we can see who is still active.
runtellthat4

How to Best Get Promoted:  Eoezals

Back to top Go down

Post by Xlo Fri Aug 07, 2015 3:28 pm

Lets get it done, Grow this clan to the point were we need a overflow cc.
Xlo
Xlo

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Aug 25, 2015 3:43 am

The clan's huge as it is, but you can never have too many family members...spread the love. <3
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by 3lven Tue Sep 15, 2015 10:55 am

<3
3lven
3lven

How to Best Get Promoted:  NuD0cpJ

dbow2

Back to top Go down

Post by Too Thicc Mon May 27, 2019 12:59 am