Faint
GTS Lord
17 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Ironman Guide/help Empty Ironman Guide/help

Post by GTS Lord Sun Jul 10, 2016 8:06 am

Hey guys!

I've been asked to put up a guide to the ironman.

instead of posting a heap of obvious/unwanted items - give me a shout out for what guides you want me to share with you.
the guides will be my opinions, not necessarily the best method, but what I personally have found the best.
I'll start with a few obvious but helpful ways to start an ironman.

IT AIN'T EASEH BEIN' CHEESEH!
GTS Lord
GTS Lord

Ironman Guide/help NuD0cpJ

Back to top Go down

Ironman Guide/help Empty Re: Ironman Guide/help

Post by GTS Lord Sun Jul 10, 2016 8:42 am

BASICS:

QUESTS! they ALL play a major part of an ironman - without them you limit yourself a hell of a lot. I would highly suggest doing a heap of quests as soon as possible on an ironman.

a few off the top of my head to work for:
(begin) Fairy Tale Part II - fairy rings (rune axes and nats included)

Druidric Ritual - herblore is very helpful for irons as we need to make our own potions!

Dragon Slayer - face it, we all need rune platebodies as ironmen.

Prince Ali Rescue - we will be entering Al Kharid a lot to begin with, this will save you killing goblins to pass the gate!

Priest in Peril - not just for the prayer levels - but canfis can become very handy for slayer to begin with, not to mention agility.

Gertrudes Cat - to grow later for RFD and also to claim some death runes in west Ardy.

Hand in the sand - Free buckets of sand for crafting later on - if you daily collect... you will save a lot of time later down the track while grinding for glory/fury ammys!

Waterfall Quest
- we want free levels right? This is perfect to bump up to 32 att & strength if I remember correctly! not to mention the Rune scimi hunting later down the track

Animal Magnetism - AVAS DEVICE IS GODLY! the moment you get avas device - hunting for items becomes a lot cheaper and more efficient. safespot ranging monsters for certain drops at minimal cost = WINNER!

Minigames I highly reccomend:

Barb Assault - Torso will help you greatly down the track while training

Pest Control - Void... Nuff said.

Stonghold of security - FREE GP!

Barrows: clearly you cannot do from the word go... but the brothers armours and weapons?... very handy! not to mention the loads of runes that you get too!

(not highly reccomended to begin with) NMZ - yes I say this for the Slayer Helm (I)

First Level goals:

35 fishing is a nice start (we all need food!)
30 Cooking... well it wont cook itself, right?
21 mage - (low alch) this will get you some gp when needed.
30 mining - coal + p ess
35 smithing - steel arrows can be handy, right? might aswell save some gp.. make them from scratch.. why buy them? Smile
50 crafting - big goal to start.. but strength ammy... very useful until glory! not to mention the cool range gear you can make. Wink
38 herblore - combat potions and p pots for later... why not?
27 rc - cosmics are a pain to get your hands on for enchanting and charging orbs... might as well get it out of the way, am I right?
30 Fletching would help with making your steel arrows for training range. Smile

TIPS:
ALWAYS train combat with Slayer - you will not regret to loot you obtain and the unique drops later down the track (whips, rune boots, d boots etc)

obviously clues are your friend as an ironman... every clue scroll you get as a drop, do it! if you are planning on hunting clues, only hunt med/hard clues. hard clues will give you rune armours/blessed d hide/msb's/sharks/**GLORY AMMY (T)**/teleport scrolls/pages. Meds will give you pages/wizard gear/red hide/blue hide/green hide (trimmed hide)...yes rangers.. but seriously as an iron... snakeskin do fine.

Don't try to get smithing levels for armours... you spend too long getting the level to make mithril axes let alone addy armours.. try your luck on med clues instead. most armours up to addy can be bought from stores.. but if you train with slayer - you get low level armour drops fairly often.

DON'T HOARD - you'll max your bank out and end up clearing it every second visit you make to it. keep what you NEED.

Getting GP to start with..

okay, there are so many methods you can use for this, I personally started fletching, I cut willow long (u) and sold to general stores.. not much return but at the same time, you only need 20kish to start with.. face it, we mainly buy our runes to start.

another method is to get 21 mage, kill a few nature spirits for nats, hit up the lava maze, collect either steel bodies or earth staves. I went with staff of earth... less people collect those - less competition... you tend to get one every world hop you do.

You could also buy Sapphires/Emeralds from the gem seller in Al Kharid, make them into bracelets and alch. (this turned out as a favoured method) Craft exp + mage exp + gp... YES PLEASE!

GTS Lord
GTS Lord

Back to top Go down

Post by GTS Lord Sun Jul 10, 2016 9:10 am

I have been asked to make a guide for crafting.

As I only have 75 I'll give my best knowledge until 75 from there what I'd assume.

(with 40 mining/smithing)
1-22 Crafting:

best way IMO.. Sheep Shearer. finish the 5 minute quest. you end up at what. 4 crafting?
Surprise Surprise!, time to K0 some cows!
I'd suggest getting enough cowhides to get yourself to 22 crafting.
doesn't particularly matter what you craft, you get exp off hides, not the item you craft.

22-33 Crafting:
Sapphire necklaces I would suggest - but sapphires from the gem stall in Al Kharid make the necklaces and alch until bracelets(23), then make those until 33.

(if you do not have 40 mining/smithing)
1-33 Crafting:
Sorry guys, but your best bet here is cowhides! *YAWN*
33-42 Crafting:
Pick yourself up a glassblowing pipe, this is about to get hot!
You will need to collect soda ash/seaweed(not edible) and buckets of sand.
generally people buy both from the charter sales at Port Khazard. Personally I buy the soda ash and seaweed from them then head to Port Phas and buy buckets and fill in Yanille. (cook the seaweed in rouges den to make it soda ash)
head to the closest furnace to a bank (I use Port Phas) cart 14 soda ash + 14 buckets of sand to the furnace and make it into molten glass.
once you have molten glass, use it with your blowpipe and make yourself some vials until 42 Crafting.

42-46 Crafting:
(Molten Glass)
Since you wont ever use empty vials swap over to empty fish bowls, more exp per molten glass.

46-75 Method 1/2
now from here make yourself unpowered orbs, they will become a huge investment for you later on! well worth it.
at 58 crafting you can semi-effectivly make some gp while crafting by making earth b staves until 68, then you start to make air b staves which are more effective due to less risk of poison by pesky little spiders.

46-75 method 2/2
make yourself 4k unpowered orbs making staves along the way, like above. but after you hit 4k orbs, start making bulls eye lenses. this will give you more exp per molten glass... for the grind to make the molten glass I recommend this method.

I would say it is safe to assume glassblowing until 99 if best from here on in. but remember.. making the b saves will get you the gp to make your fury later! Wink

PLEASE NOTE!
if you are lucky enough to have done Lunar Diplomacy and Dream Mentor as well as having 77+ magic, you can use the glass make spell! perks of using this... no need to make the seaweed soda ash.. you can use seaweed!, you also score a few bonus molten glasses doing it this way. (is random on how many you get, but no less than 12 per inv) cons being you lose the buckets that held the sand... This method saves major time, I would HIGHYLY RECOMMEND this method if possible.

GTS Lord
GTS Lord

Back to top Go down

Post by Faint Sun Jul 10, 2016 9:19 am

Plumpbird approves, thanks!
Faint
Faint

Ironman Guide/help OUwuWDK

Back to top Go down

Post by Vanity Sun Jul 10, 2016 11:09 am

pretty good guide, but proves I ain't cut out for it. No patience for starting again and being self sufficient.
Vanity
Vanity

Back to top Go down

Post by Fe Faerie Mon Jul 18, 2016 7:43 am

"DON'T HOARD - you'll max your bank out and end up clearing it every second visit you make to it. keep what you NEED."

Hi my name is Faerie and I'm a hoarder...*sniff*

I like-like your writing voice, fun to the point. Thank you!

Fe Faerie

Ironman Guide/help YP5zkAJ

Back to top Go down

Post by GTS Lord Sun Jul 24, 2016 7:06 pm

hahaha, I know the feeling, Fe Faerie! Razz

Right now my bank is on 798/800. Wink

thank you for the compliment. ^_^

and thanks for reading!

Remember, if there are any guides/tips you want, feel free to hit me up in cc or post up here and I'll get to it! Smile

GTS Lord
GTS Lord

Back to top Go down

Post by GTS Lord Wed Sep 21, 2016 2:05 pm

bumpzies

Need something to do. Wink

No one is in need of a guide for ironmen? Razz

GTS Lord
GTS Lord

Back to top Go down

Post by GTS Lord Sun Oct 30, 2016 12:38 am

bum bum bump! anyone need any type of assistance on their ironmen/women?

if you do, don't hesitate to post - chances are if you need help, many others do to - so by asking me here we can help more than just yourself. ^_^

I will check the thread on and off while online for the day. Smile

GTS Lord
GTS Lord

Back to top Go down

Post by Fe Faerie Sun Oct 30, 2016 11:05 am

Hello GTS I would appreciate any tips for Barrows, I feel like my stats are up to it, if not soon. I haven't gone to barrows in least 7 years? Even then I only went once, first drop...Guthans helm, never went back figured I'd used my luck so I bought all my gear.

Thank you again for fun post:)
Fe Faerie

Back to top Go down

Post by Giel Sat Nov 12, 2016 3:29 pm

Makes me want an ironman, man.
Giel

Ironman Guide/help OUwuWDK

Chompy

Back to top Go down

Post by GTS Lord Fri Nov 18, 2016 9:56 pm

my apologies for not replying, FE Faerie,
I have work shortly, after I finish I will give you a few suggestions if I am not too late to help you out. Smile

Giel, you will not be let down if you wish to make one, I have never had so much fun on rs in all honesty. personally, I'd say everyone should try ironman - you never know... might be just as enjoyable for you as it is for me! ^_^

GTS Lord
GTS Lord

Back to top Go down

Post by Fe Faerie Sun Nov 20, 2016 11:52 am

Giel that is a majestic kitty! And GTS you're so very awesome.Smile
I am looking forward to Barrows but dang I am one terrible prayer and attack changer for all those brothers. I look forward to your guide as I will be terribly attired until I learn to do it. Thanks again <3
Oh and no rush I've been putting this off for awhile and will more if I am able to, fearful-faerie out
Fe Faerie

Back to top Go down

Ironman Guide/help Empty BARROWS

Post by GTS Lord Sun Nov 20, 2016 6:56 pm

Barrows Brothers Mini Game:

Here is the low down on the situation, you need to K0 each brother.. sounds simple yeah?... think again!
There will be one of the brothers coffins that has a tunnel! ( oooooooooooh! ) you need to remember which coffin has the tunnel ( It changes each round you do ) if you have not killed 5/6 brothers when you find the tunnel, you need to leave that Coffin until the 5th brother has fallen.
once inside the Tunnel you then need to find your way through the maze of doors to make your way to the rewards chest in the very middle! again... sounds simple, yeah?... these brothers are cheeky! the one brother you didn't get to K0 before you followed the tunnel will jump out of no where and start attacking you! but fear less! they will only do this while going through doors, so be prepared each door you open, until the last brother has fallen to your combat skills! did I mention that the Tunnels are full of mid level monsters such as rats (eww), Spiders ( Oh HELL NO! These guys can be cute and small but also over grown! ), Skeletons ( let's re arrange their body? Smile ) and blood thirsty fat little wormies.

Good Luck!

History:

The Barrows brothers were a band of six legendary Saradominist warriors who ventured into Morytania during the God Wars, leading the Morytania Campaign. Their fate is revealed in the crumbling tome. They struck a deal with the powerful Mahjarrat Sliske for power, and after their deaths, Sliske came to 'collect' them, and they were buried in six burial mounds, or Barrows, in eastern Morytania, giving them their collective name. Even after their deaths, they serve Sliske as wights to serve Sliske's lord. They are featured in the Armies of Gielinor Saradomin Strikes campaign. Their ages are shown by their names, the first alphabetically being the oldest (Ahrim), and the last alphabetically being the youngest (Verac). The brothers are the strongest of Sliske's wights, and their name is derived from their last resting place, now known as the Barrows.

Location of each brother:

Ironman Guide/help Barrow11

The Brothers ( Attack Style and Weakness):

Ahrims: Attacks with Magic, Weak to Range, but Melee is also effective.
Dharok: Attacks with Melee, Weak to Magic
Guthan: Attacks with Melee, Weak to Magic
Karil: Attacks with Range, Weak to Melee, but Mage is also effective
Torag: Attacks with Melee, Weak to Magic
Verac: Attacks with Melee, Weak to Magic

Methods:

Prayer - If you are a low level I would suggest this method, though it does use a lot of prayer potions, due to the fact your prayer drains.
Simply, the prayer method is to use protection prayers against each brother then tank the Tunnels.
The genereal idea of this method is to get in and out of each brothers mound to save your prayer dropping.

Tanking - Bring your highest defence gear, even while using Magic. Due to the brothers low mage defence, your Magic attack bonus is not too much to worry about.
With this method I would use prayer on Dharok. My personal method is a risk it for the buiscut method, I tend to tank Dharok until he hits me once (His hits may hurt, but he hits as accuratly as a drunk man in a brawl) then slurp down a sip of prayer potion and quick select Melee protect in my prayers.

Freezing: there are no particular items needed for this method, so I generally use non degradable defence gear or Graceful.
The idea of this method is as simple as the title, using ancient Magiks, freeze the brothers and far cast them with a Trident ( you get 5 hits of the trident in before they can move again... after you hit them with Ice Blitz )
Prayer against Ahrim and Karil is the most simple method but you can always tank them too.

Barrows Brothers order:

1ST: Karil                  Dharok
2ND: Ahrim                  Ahrim
3RD: Dharok          OR     Karil
4TH: Guthan                 Guthan
5TH: Verac                  Verac
6TH: Torag                  Torag

4TH, 5TH and 6TH can be in any order, it wont typically effect anything.

Minimal Combat Requirements:

Attack: 60+
Strength: 60+
Defence: 40+
Hitpoints: 60+
Magic: 50+
Range: 50+
Prayer: 43+
Slayer: 55+

Reccomended Combat Levels:

Attack: 70+
Strength: 70+
Defence: 60+
Hitpoints: 70+
Magic: 65+
Range: 61+
Prayer: 43+
Slayer: 55+

Notable information about each Brother:

Dharok:- Though this brother doesn't look so tough, be warned, his hits can feel like a freight train hitting you! it is advised to pray against him, if you are not freezing the melee brothers. Dharoks max hits are 29 at high HP, 60+ at low HP, so be careful!

Ahrim:- Mr. Magic... Along with using the typical Fire Wave Attack, he also uses the curse spell...that can hit through Prayer... note the effect of Ahrims armour is to low your strength, even if his hit splashes, remember it can still lower your strength. also, remember Ahrims is also great for target practice with range, so feel free to use him as a pin cushion!

Karil:- Speedy over here has a fast range attack that is super accurate and can hit fairly high with a maximum of 20. he lowers your agility, so he can make the tunnels a pain...

Guthan:- Guthan oh Guthan... just as you think he is about to die... he heals off you... what a leech! his set effect is the damage he does to you he heals! it is a random effect, and his max hit is 24.. so he has the potential to heal 24 from your hp!

Torag:- Pfft, really? you want information on Torag? okay.. here goes... he holds more than 1 hammer... and he can lower your run energy... satisfied? he is the pleb of the brothers. Smile

Verac:- My GOD! A Pain in the backside!... if you don't use the freeze method. this brother has a max hit of 23... and can hit through prayer and make you seem defenceless. Food is a good idea to have with this young fellow.

Here are the answers to the puzzles for the Tunnels!
Ironman Guide/help 3barro10

REMEMBER GET A KC OF 14 FOR MAXED REWARDS!

okay, lets start getting into the goodies now.

Equipment:
(Prayer)
I'm not going to go to every single item you SHOULD use... face it - we are ironmen/women, so we don't exactly have a full pic of items, so my suggestion for this armour, focus on getting your prayer bonus right up, don't stress too much about your Magic attack or your defence bonus. Monk robes do just fine.

( Tanking )
Same goes for this, we don't have a selection of the wide world of OSRS, but your best defence gear would be ideal, no focus on your magic attack bonus, anything over rune armour would be fine for Barrows.

( Freezing )
hmm, this one is interesting... you should look for some magic attack bonus, but at the same time, defence helps due to the fact you may not kill the brother before they unfreeze.

My setup, Freeze Method: ( Please note, I do use some advanced Iron items )

Gear:

Helm - Ahrim hood
Body - Torag Body
Legs - Torag Legs
Ammy - Glory
Gloves - Barrows
Boots - Mystic Boots
Shield - God Book
Cape - Mage Arena God Cape
Ring - Wealth
Weapon - Trident of the Seas

Inventory:

Spade
1 Prayer Potion
Water, Death and Blood runes for Ice Blitz ( 3 slots )
Whip
DDS
Barrows Teleports
Super Set
14 monkfish/sharks
Mystic top and bottom

My Order:

Dharok > Ahrim > Karil > Guthan > Verac > Torag

Suggestions for you personally at this stage Fe Faerie:

If you have decent defence gear, like dragon skirt/legs and rune platebody, try a trip of the tanking method, if you feel you use too many supplies use the prayer method until you get yourself top/bottom of the barrow melee brothers armour. at 70 defence tanking them shouldn't be too much of a struggle.

Your invent if you are tanking should be-
combat potions, super if possible
Spade
1 Prayer potion
combat runes
range top + ava's device for Ahrim
and a touch tele to be safe
Fill the rest of your invent with the best food you have.

I apologise for the guide not being so in depth, but given the circumstances of ironman, it is hard to do a set up guide. =[

I hope this helps a little bit for you.

If anyone needs more help - you know where to find me (osrs advice cc) , if not reply with a question I have not covered in this post. Smile

Foot Note:
if anyone else wants any type of guide, feel free to ask!

GTS Lord Signing out, Peace! *Drops Mic*

GTS Lord
GTS Lord

Back to top Go down

Post by Fe Faerie Sun Nov 20, 2016 8:15 pm

GTS thank you so much reading this and then going to my bank to see what items I have....wooot I'm excited for Barrows. Honestly though it was nice of you to take the time to make for us and for me. Thank you again friend:)
Fe Faerie

Back to top Go down

Post by GTS Lord Mon Nov 21, 2016 3:33 am

No worries, Glad to help. Smile

Best of luck with Loots! Smile

GTS Lord
GTS Lord

Back to top Go down

Post by Fe Faerie Wed Nov 23, 2016 12:46 am

At work taking notes on a sticky. Sooo just had to lock the door to my office police are downstairs for a melee. No Dragon Halberd in sight.
So back to the guide, dumb question why do I go into the tunnels at all? Can I not dig each hill where the brothers are and pop out? 14 total kill count so the brothers plus some skeletons and stuff..oh just reread this..
"you need to remember which coffin has the tunnel ( It changes each round you do ) if you have not killed 5/6 brothers when you find the tunnel, you need to leave that Coffin until the 5th brother has fallen."
Ah gotta go see you when I'm home, I think I might have to bribe someone to let me watch a run through, nvmd I'm old, just remembered I can already do that it's called watching a video...15 more minutes *hangs head*, I'll go bump forums thread.
Fe Faerie

Back to top Go down

Post by GTS Lord Sat Nov 26, 2016 5:12 pm

I just lost it laughing... >_<

Not sure whether you worked out your questions answer or not, but I'll re-run it. Razz

the " Tunnel " is the base of the Barrows brothers in which holds the chest for epic Lewts.

you can go into the tunnels before defeating the other brothers, but I do not advise this at all. Get the 5 brothers kills and Pwn the last Noob while finding your way through the maze in the tunnel. Smile

GTS Lord
GTS Lord

Back to top Go down

Post by GTS Lord Sat Dec 10, 2016 5:11 am

BUMP Smile

Come on guys, someone would need a guide for something. ;P

GTS Lord
GTS Lord